Preventing Vision Loss: HEDIS Outreach
Early detection, timely treatment, and appropriate follow-up care can reduce a person’s risk for severe vision loss from diabetic eye disease by 95 percent (Resouce: National Eye Institute - NIH). Despite this fact, more than half of those with diabetes do not receive annual eye exams as recommended, putting patients at danger for vision loss.
iCare Health Solutions collaborates with health plan partners to develop customized HEDIS outreach programs that provide Eye Exams for Patients with Diabetes (EED) to noncompliant members with diabetes.
HEDIS Diabetic Retinal Outreach: Customized for Your Business & Members
Our HEDIS diabetic retinal outreach program provides health plans and healthcare providers with integrated solutions for improved management of members with diabetes.
Our program engages and screens noncompliant diabetic members throughout various access points of care, enabling providers to perform retinal screening in primary care physical settings.
Compliance Impacts Quality Measures
Annual diabetic retinal teams are a part of:
- Medicare Advantage Stars quality rating programs
- Medicare quality rating programs
- NCQA HEDIS ratings programs
Access Points-of-Care: Patient-Centric
Members want choice. The iCare Health Solutions HEDIS diabetic retinal outreach program provides members access to various points of care, increasing compliance with regular diabetic retinal exams or screenings.
- Vision Care Providers: dilated, diabetic retinopathy exam.
- Teleretinal Screening: nondilated, diabetic retinal screening using a mobile non-mydriatic fundus camera to capture retinal images, allowing member engagement in primary care physician, residential, and institutional settings.
Our HEDIS & STARS Outreach Services
Offering health plans and healthcare providers integrated solutions for success. Discover what our health plan partners are saying about us.
- Member Awareness & Education
- Provider Awareness & Education
- Member Outreach & Appointment Scheduling
- Diabetic Retinal Exams & Screening
- Non-Mydriatic Fundus Camera Program
- Teleretinal Image Diagnostic Center
- Patient Diagnosis Reporting & Referrals
- Claims Submission
- Performance & Outcomes Reporting
Get the customized solution you need when it comes to the prevention of diabetic retinopathy. Contact iCare Health Solutions to learn more.